Monday, June 10, 2013

My Mission is my Project



                                                                                                                               


       My Mission is my Project                            


                               

   In 2005, my mother passed away and of course, I was broken. And as I attempted, to gather the scattered  pieces of my mind, body and soul, I realized that I had not fulfilled my mother's wishes. This realization, only added to my grief, for I had promised my mother that I would research the stories of my third great grandmother, Mariah.
     Mariah was born a slave, witnessed a brutal slave massacre, however, she used her "voice" to fight for equality. So, for the next seven years, researching the stories of Mariah became my mission.
     We, my co-researcher and I, have proven all of Mariah's stories. Now, we have made a documentary/trailer entitled "Human Property The Story of Mariah" based on my book entitled "Human Property Hanging in the Family Tree, Yields a Harvest." 


I have placed the video on Kickstarter, with the hope of funding this project. Here is my mission and if you believe in my mission then please donate a dollar, pass it on, like it on YouTube.
Thank you for your support.
Ann Lee
Kickstarter

YouTube

http://www.buzzfeed.com/annlee/human-property-the-story-of-mariah-5v0z























2 comments:

  1. What an incredible project.

    I found your blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe. You can find me at http://www.sdkeeling.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    Syl Stein

    ReplyDelete