Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who Knows Your Dreams?

                                         Who Knows Your Dreams
Visualize your dreams and then execute your plan. I have to admit that I am a dreamer. I have flashing, fleeting day dreams that flirt with my conscious.  At night, I experience my dreams in elaborate, scenes, and it is only when I wake up, that I realize that “It was only a dream.”  Without a well-thought of and carefully researched plan, dreams remain a fantasy.  Personally, I attempt to turn my dreams into reality. The graveyard is filled with unfulfilled dreams and unaccomplished goals. Successful, entrepreneurs, authors and others have visualized a dream and then executed a plan.

I became interesting in writing a book about a young man, Andre Coppage, whose five younger siblings were murdered by a street gang. In 2000, after years of following the case, “Code of Silence, the Andre Coppage Story,” was written and updated in 2012.

Andre is an eye-witness to a brutal murder and as a result what happens to him and his family is unimaginable

From 2000 to 2006, Andre and I campaigned against gang violence. It was my dream to write this story and I executed a plan. I wrote the book in the first person, I literally became a young African American male. It was a difficult process; however I embodied Andre, his dreams, his nightmares and his realities.   
 For several years, I went on a nonstop marketing campaign.  Finally, my dream came true, I was an indie author, who was about to sign a movie deal for my book.  I thought that I had executed a full proof plan, however I was blind-sided.  The major network asked to talk to Andre, I thought that he would know what to say, but before the ink touched the contract the deal was tossed. I will not divulge what was said, but the network executives refused to agree to the terms.

I have learned from this life lesson and I have since then asked myself this simple question. “Who would you trust with your dreams?”  When you have a dream that is so near and dear to your heart, ask yourself this question, “Who knows your dreams better than you?” 


I am offering my EBook, “The Code of Silence the Andre Coppage Story” for free  from Wednesday, August  14 to Friday, August 16, 2013.
1 Aug
Code of Silence The Andre Coppage Story by Ann Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment